About Scott Engler
MA, BCST, RCST
Scott Engler, MA, BCST, RCST®, supports adults, children, and infants experiencing physical symptoms, stress, or recovering from trauma using gentle, non-invasive touch. His training includes certificates in Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Castellino Prenatal & Birth Therapy, Lomi Somatic Education, and Massage.
While growing up in a Northern California state park, Scott first encountered the feeling of wholeness and healing found in the rhythms of nature he could turn to when challenged by life. Scott was fortunate to meet a number of attentive, nurturing teachers in the process of his education, enthusing him with a love of learning and the desire to teach with the same quality of support he received. Now for over twenty years Scott has been a student of presence and the nature of healing.
Scott's experience includes:
- Over ten years supporting clients through Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy and Prenatal and Birth Trauma Therapy. He is certified by Dr. Ray Castellino to facilitate womb surround process workshops, a prerequisite for applicants to the Castellino Foundation Training.
- Co-leads workshops in Soul Motion™ and Embodied Inquiry with his wife Zuza
- Offered Somatic Education sessions beginning in 1995 while living at Esalen Institute
- Taught in the Esalen Movement Arts program 1995 - 1998
- Scott has studied the martial art of Aikido since 1992 and holds the rank of 2nd-degree black belt
Scott lives in Petaluma with his wife, Zuza.
A Craniosacral Session with Scott
Working with your breath and relaxation, Scott will help you drop into a state of greater ease and recovery, accessing your natural state of balance. From here your body's inherent ability to heal can assist you in restoring a sustained state of wholeness and wellbeing.
As the work progresses, Scott will help you find the place of inner support at your core. Your body, always working in the direction of greater balance, will learn and repattern from habits that no longer work for you.
Slowly, you will learn to sense deeper layers of tension, allowing you to open energetic flow in your body. You may then feel the effects of this flow in the balance of your daily life, and be able to access a more grounded, centered presence when faced with challenges. From this relaxed presence you will also be able to navigate through the resolution of past challenges remaining in your way. Read further about BCST and what to expect during a session.